Root Canal Treatment in Camberwell
Root canal treatment, also referred to as Endodontic Treatment, is a dental procedure that replaces your tooth’s damaged, infected or inflamed pulp, with a filling. Your pulp comprises of dental cells, blood vessels and tissue fibres located in the hollow space in the central part of your tooth (the nerve). When the nerve is damaged, infected or inflamed, endodontic treatment is required to avoid further pain and infection. You may need root canal treatment if your nerve is inflamed or infected.
What are the symptoms of a damaged or diseased tooth?
- Spontaneous or continuous pain
- Sensitivity to hot and cold drinks or food
- Pain when chewing or biting
- Swelling of the gum around or near the affected tooth
- It’s a relatively painless procedure (there is some post-treatment pain for 1 – 5 days).
Dr Matthew Fleming at Hartwell Dentistry has completed further studies involving root canal treatment, and is also a member of the Australian Society of Endodontics
Benefits of having root canal
treatment at Hartwell Dentistry in Camberwell
- Your tooth is saved from extraction
- You experience a substantial reduction in pain
- Improves your overall health and wellbeing
- You can return to eating both hot and cold foods