Splints or Night Guards
Protect Your Teeth
Splints or night guards assist with ‘Bruxism’.
Bruxism is the technical term for clenching and grinding your teeth. People who suffer from Bruxism unintentionally bite down too hard at inappropriate times, such as while they are sleeping. Grinding can wear down and fracture teeth, or it can lead to gum and jaw problems, muscle pain and headaches.
Benefits of splints or night guards
- They are small, comfortable appliances.
- You can wear them just like an orthodontic retainer or sports mouthguard.
- They reduce muscular activity and teeth wear by preventing the top teeth and bottom teeth from touching.
- Our splints and night guards will prevent further damage to your teeth, while restoring your bite.
Mouthguards are ideal if you or your children play a contact sport such as football, hockey, basketball, baseball, gymnastics, martial arts, volleyball etc.
Benefits of wearing a mouthguard
- Protect your teeth and lower face. Mouthguards reduce the risk of knocks to your teeth, while also cushioning blows to your lower face, including protecting your lips, tongue, face and jaw.
- Save money. Mouthguards protect your teeth, especially if you’ve had extensive dental work that you don’t want ruined as a result of nasty knocks and falls.
- Protect your smile. At Hartwell Dentistry we create custom made, correctly fitting mouthguards that will stay in place while you are wearing them, allowing you to breathe and talk as usual.
- Our experts make all mouthguards on-site.