The relationship Hartwell Dentistry has with its patients is of utmost importance. We are committed to building a mutually beneficial relationship with our patients. Hence we are concerned about protecting the privacy of our patients.
1. Privacy Act 1988
- Hartwell Dentistry is guided by the National Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 and other laws governing in Victoria.
- Hartwell Dentistry has access to personal information as a result of normal business activities.
- The personal information is to assist patients to receive dental services.
- Personal information also pertains to dealings with employees, suppliers, third party contractors and prospective employees.
- Information is communicated to Hartwell Dentistry via plan applications, queries, promotions and surveys.
2. Personal Information
- Hartwell Dentistry collects names, dentist details, and dealings with patients and potential patients of Hartwell Dentistry to administer services with HartwellDentistry.com.au.
- Hartwell Dentistry collects names, business contact details and professional details with people servicing Hartwell Dentistry to market our services to patients and dentists.
- Hartwell Dentistry collects personal information about applicants for employment with Hartwell Dentistry to make informed decisions about hiring the appropriate staff for HartwellDentistry.com.au.
3. Our Responsibility
- Hartwell Dentistry is responsible for the security of personal information it maintains.
- Physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards are in place to protect personal information.
- Personal information collected at this site is private and confidential as a general rule.
- There are however exceptions to the rule.
- i. Access to the personal information about patients is restricted to Hartwell Dentistry employees who require that information to provide services to patients.
- ii. Hartwell Dentistry may make available personal information to a related company for the same purposes the information was entrusted with Hartwell Dentistry.com.au.
- iii. Personal Information may be made available in order to affect the transfer of the company as this would be necessary to ensure the continuity of service.
- iv. Companies servicing Hartwell Dentistry may also have access to personal information held by Hartwell Dentistry.com.au.
- v. Companies servicing Hartwell Dentistry are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and other relevant privacy laws.
- Hartwell Dentistry may set and access Hartwell Dentistry cookies on your computer.
- Web beacons may be used to access Hartwell Dentistry cookies inside and outside of the site and in connection with Hartwell Dentistry services.
5. Accessing Personal Information
- You can access your personal information by sending us an email. To do this, simply click on Contact Us.
- The information given will be to the extent you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988.
- Hartwell Dentistry is happy to assist you in relation to the handling of personal information.