Dr Matthew Fleming: Dentist
Dr Matthew Fleming was born in Melbourne and educated at Xavier College before graduating with Honours from the University of Melbourne in 1990. He grew up in Hawthorn and worked in a Gold Coast cosmetic practice before joining his wife in a busy country town in the Western District in 1994.
Together, they served the town of Hamilton for seven years and returned to Melbourne to work at their current practice in Camberwell. In early 2009, having outgrown the previous building, they moved into their current state-of-the-art premises at 1243 Toorak Rd Camberwell (Corner Toorak & Highfield Roads).
Loves to Learn
A self-admitted ‘continuing education buff’, Dr Fleming loves to learn. In fact, he typically takes two to three times the amount of continuing education that’s mandated by the state of Victoria. To name a few, his passion for learning has also taken him to the world-renowned Las Vegas Institute and the prestigious Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education. Combining his knowledge of advanced dental treatment and his passion for caring for patients, Dr Fleming’s life goal is to provide the highest quality of dental care in a soothing, stress-free environment.
First Kois Mentor
Over the past 10 years Dr Fleming has studied and graduated from the Kois Centre. In 2016 after passing written and oral presentation exams he became the first Kois Mentor from Australia. This will allow him to help INTERNATIONAL DENTISTS TO EXCEL in the advanced curriculum.
With over 25 years of continuing education Matthew has learnt from almost all the world leaders in dentistry. Focusing on areas such as restorative dentistry, aesthetic/cosmetic dentistry, endodontics, periodontal medicine and sleep issues. He has also attended numerous conferences, hands on courses, symposiums and meetings.
Outside of dentistry, Dr Fleming devotes time to his family, including three children. He also enjoys keeping fit, biking, skiing, going to the beach, good wine, antiques, cooking, theatre, cricket and football.
- Australian Dental Association
- American Association of Oral Systemic Health
- Wellness Dentistry Network
- Australian Sleep Association
- Australian Prosthodontic Society
- Australian Society of Endontology Committee Member
- Hawthorn Football Club
- Melbourne Cricket Club
- Kois Centre (advancing dentistry through science), Seattle, Washington
- The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Miami, Florida
- Seattle Institute of Advanced Dentistry, Seattle, Washington
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Foundation Member of the Professional Development Program – University of Melbourne and Australian Dental Association