Dr Dana Horng: Dentist
Dr Dana Horng attended University High School in Melbourne before graduating from University of Melbourne in 1990. Upon completion of dental school, she went on, with her husband, to work in their private practice in the Western district of Victoria for 8 years. Her passion for Dentistry really started after University when she saw how pain and suffering can impact on people. She also realised her potential on what she can do to help someone’s health and wellbeing.
She has two passions in life: her family and her Dentistry. She has 3 beautiful children who keep her busy when she is not at Hartwell.
Dr Horng and her husband dedicated themselves to dentistry. They travel internationally in search of safe and advanced dental techniques, one of which is the prestigious Kois Center in Seattle. This institution is for elite dentists who choses to Advance Dentistry through Science. Dr Horng is 1 in 400 graduates in the world after completing 360 hours of continual education in Seattle.
Dr Horng’s desire to be the best clinician possible through training and education has seen her obtain her Continue Education from a 2 year International Orthodontic program, POS in 2000. In 2014, she completed another 2 year course at the Brener Implant Institute.
Her interest in dentistry centres around wellbeing and aesthetics. She always maintains that when things are well, things look good; when teeth, gum and mouth are well, the person always looks and feels good. She has a particular interest in implant, gum surgery and aesthetic dentistry. She also knows the art of “growing gum” back through techniques like Pin hole and tunnelling.
Being able to help patients, earn their confidence, and provide exceptional service and care is humbling and gratifying. The opportunity to alleviate another’s pain, or improve their self-confidence by creating a healthy, functional and beautiful smile is truly rewarding.Dr Dana Horng
- Australian Dental Association
- Seattle Study Club, Melbourne
- Australian Society of Periodontology
- The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Miami, Florida
- Kois Centre (advancing dentistry through science), Seattle, Washington
- Seattle Institute of Advanced Dentistry, Seattle, Washington
- Graduate of Brener Implant Institute, Sydney, Australia
- Foundation Member of the Professional Development Program – University of Melbourne and Australian Dental Association
- Centre for Advanced Dental Education (Dr Pat Allen)
- Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique
- Inman Accredited Dentist
- Progressive Orthodontic training (2 year course)